2021 UK PSA Rugby Academies
Following the successful delivery of our 2020 PSA Rugby Academy East England programme in Finborough School in August 2020, we’re delighted to launch our 2021 schedule of high-performance rugby development programmes in the UK, rated ‘Excellent’ by our customers on Trustpilot.
The non-residential PSA Rugby Academy South England programme will be available for booking by customers from 9am Friday 18th September 2020. The PSA Rugby Academy East England programme will be available to book ASAP, subject to final venue confirmation – in the meantime, the waiting list function is active so please save your contact email address to be automatically contacted once booking becomes available.
The modified programme format, across two venues, will fully comply with all prevailing latest COVID-19 guidelines published by the RFU & UK Government.
Please note that venues and dates may be subject to change based on the Government protocols in place at the time of final planning and delivery of the programmes. Also there will be limited numbers per age group/per gender and programmes will only be offered subject to minimum booking numbers per age group.
Please read on below to find out more regarding the programme content and/or contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by starting a Web Chat on this page or by sending us a WhatsApp message on +44(0)7 761 479592 should you have any queries on any aspect of the schedule.
Included In The Price
Our COVID19 protocols will be fully compliant with the guidelines issued by the RFU and the UK Government. All booked customers will be sent full details of all applicable procedures and our Academy programme induction approach in the run-up to the relevant dates.
Our high-performance Academy programme will combine the following key elements to deliver a fun, engaging and challenging development experience to players of all ages;
- Top class rugby coaching team (World Rugby Level 3+ qualified)
- Skills-based, non-contact content, with maximum 15 players per coach in a specifically designated training zone
- Socially distanced, limited numbers & time-based S&C development programme delivered by our dedicated Head of S&C
- Training group & individual player based development drills and tests, based on our 9PSAVs framework
- Daily markers feedback sessions with assigned coach
Based on the 9PSAVs framework, our Academy team will work with leading sports science experts to deliver a highly rated and targeted education programme to non-residential players, including;
- Nightly Zoom Webinars on key development topics such as Physical Development for Young Players, Sports Nutrition, Mental Wellness and Injury Management & Concussion Awareness
- Interactive quizzes & daily feedback forms based on programme & webinar content
- Training group & individual challenges based on 9PSAVs framework
Following the completion of the high-performance Academy programme, each player will receive two development reports, one Rugby Focused (Core Skills Ratings & Video Feedback) and the other Physical Development Focused (Physical Test Scores & Development Feedback). These reports will be a valuable reference point for your player to refer to to benchmark himself/herself against with a view to improving their rugby performance in the short and longer term
Our fully vetted and professionally trained programme staff will be responsible for the pastoral care of all those players in our care and ensure that everyone is strictly following the COVID-19 protocols, all players are joining in all activities, making friends and having fun.
As well as ensuring the daily wellbeing of the overall group, our staff get assigned a group of players that they mentor, delivering daily ‘Markers’ meeting, where mentors get to develop a rapport with each individual. This enables players to speak about how they feel physically & emotionally, what their daily goals are, and how they fell the programme activities have gone.
We operate a No Mobile Phone Usage Policy, with parents and players able to make contact via the Academy WhatsApp number in the case of emergency.
PSA Academies has partnered with Endsleigh Insurance to provide excellent programme cover specifically designed for PSA Academies players. You will receive a summary of insurance cover after booking, however key benefits include:
- Cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard (full details are available within policy documentation).
- Cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness.
- If taken ill or have an accident, Endsleigh will pay emergency medical bills and hospital costs that are not covered by the National Health Service.
- Additional costs incurred to repatriate, if medically necessary.
- Reasonable costs to return home if a close relative is seriously ill.
- Reimbursement if luggage is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
- Endsleigh will help replace passports, or visas if they are lost or stolen.
- Money stolen either from your person or while locked away, will be replaced.
- If a player accidentally injures someone or damage their property, Endsleigh will cover legal liability.
- Advice and assistance to take legal action is covered.
- Cover for unavoidable or necessary cancellation or curtailment of course before completion due to, death, bodily injury or illness.
Specialist Areas Covered
”Most important factor is that the boys loved it, sounds like they did something different everyday, very professionally run and lots of information to the parents. We will be back next year!!Ema - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy East England
”Great coaching - kept the boys engaged and enthusiastic all week. Fantastic communication both on the lead up to the course and throughout each day. If your child likes rugby, they'll love the PSA Academies courses. I have a tired but happy boy! Thank you so much.Cat - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy East England
”I had 2 boys, aged 11 and 13, attend the East England Academy programme. They thoroughly enjoyed the week. It was fun but they also felt like they were treated like proper rugby players and the level of intensity and professional focus was just right. They learned a lot about the game and their skill-set improved a lot thanks to excellent coaching. They will definitely be attending another PSA Academies camp in the future.Chris - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy East England
”What a fantastic camp. My son has given me the most amazing feedback about it. He absolutely loved it. It was technical, they were pushed and they had to work hard but he loved every minute of it. He’s already pestering me to sign him up to the next PSA Academies camp in 2021.Liz - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy, East England