2021 Irish PSA Rugby Academies
Following the successful delivery of our 2020 programmes in Cork & Dublin during August 2020, we’re delighted to launch our 2021 schedule of high performance rugby development programmes, rated ‘Excellent’ by our customers on Trustpilot.
These residential and non-residential programmes will be available for booking by customers from 9am Friday 18th September 2020.
The modified programme format, across the four venues, will fully comply with all prevailing latest COVID-19 guidelines published by the IRFU (as part of their ‘Return to Rugby’ plans) & HSE/HPSC with respect to rugby camps.
Please note that venues and dates may be subject to change based on the NPHET/Irish Government protocols in place at the time of final planning and delivery of the programmes. Also there will be limited numbers per age group/per gender and programmes will only be offered subject to minimum booking numbers per age group.
Please read on below to find out more regarding the programme content and/or contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by starting a Web Chat on this page, by sending us a WhatsApp message on +353 89 4825371 or by calling us on 1800 938772 should you have any queries on any aspect of the schedule.
Included In The Price
Our COVID19 protocols will be fully compliant with the guidelines issued by the IRFU under their ‘Return to Rugby’ or subsequent plan and the HSE/HPSC & Sport Ireland. All booked customers will be sent full details of all applicable procedures and our Academy programme induction approach in the run up to the relevant dates.
Our high-performance Academy programme will combine the following key elements to deliver a fun, engaging and challenging development experience to players of all ages;
- Top class rugby coaching team (World Rugby Level 3+ qualified)
- Skills-based, non-contact content, with maximum 15 players per coach in a specifically designated training zone
- Socially distanced, limited numbers & time-based S&C development programme delivered by our dedicated Head of S&C
- Training group & individual player based development drills and tests, based on our 9PSAVs framework
- Daily markers feedback sessions with assigned coach
Based on the 9PSAVs framework, our Academy pastoral staff team will work with leading sports science experts to delivery a highly rated and targeted education programme to residential and non-residential players, including;
Residential (5-9pm Sun-Thurs)
- Daily interactive presentations on key development topics such as Physical Development for Young Players, Sports Nutrition, Mental Wellness and Injury Management & Concussion Awareness, with post-webinar quizzes and individual/group development challenges associated with each module topic
- Twice daily goal setting & review meetings with dedicated training pod pastoral mentor
- Group activities within dedicated training pods (teamwork, leadership & personal development focused challenges)
Non-Residential (7-8.15pm Mon – Thurs)
- Nightly Zoom Webinars on key development topics such as Physical Development for Young Players, Sports Nutrition, Mental Wellness and Injury Management & Concussion Awareness
- Interactive quizzes & daily feedback forms based on programme & webinar content
- Training group & individual challenges based on 9PSAVs framework
Following the completion of the high-performance Academy programme, each player will receive two development reports, one Rugby Focused (Core Skills Ratings & Video Feedback) and the other Physical Development Focused (Physical Test Scores & Development Feedback). These reports will be a valuable reference point for your player to refer to to benchmark himself/herself against with a view to improving their rugby performance in the short and longer term
Our fully vetted and professionally trained programme staff will be responsible for the pastoral care of all those players in our care and ensure that everyone is strictly following the COVID-19 protocols, all players are joining in all activities, making friends and having fun.
As well as ensuring the daily wellbeing of the overall group, our staff get assigned a group of players that they mentor, delivering daily ‘Markers’ meeting, where mentors get to develop a rapport with each individual. This enables players to speak about how they feel physically & emotionally, what their daily goals are, and how they fell the programme activities have gone.
We operate a Limited Mobile Phone Usage Policy, with parents and players able to make contact via the Academy WhatsApp number in the case of emergency, outside of very restricted general access times.
PSA Academies has partnered with Endsleigh Insurance to provide excellent programme cover specifically designed for PSA Academies players. You will receive a summary of insurance cover after booking, however key benefits include:
- Cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard (full details are available within policy documentation).
- Cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness.
- If taken ill or have an accident, Endsleigh will pay emergency medical bills and hospital costs that are not covered by the National Health Service.
- Additional costs incurred to repatriate, if medically necessary.
- Reasonable costs to return home if a close relative is seriously ill.
- Reimbursement if luggage is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
- Endsleigh will help replace passports, or visas if they are lost or stolen.
- Money stolen either from your person or while locked away, will be replaced.
- If a player accidentally injures someone or damage their property, Endsleigh will cover legal liability.
- Advice and assistance to take legal action is covered.
- Cover for unavoidable or necessary cancellation or curtailment of course before completion due to, death, bodily injury or illness.
Specialist Areas Covered
”My son attended the Dublin Academy and he absolutely loved every moment of it. The testing and feedback given with video analysis on it is incredibly useful. The webinars also were well targeted for the age group and interesting with very engaging speakers.As a parent I think the the camp very well organized and planned, and given the COVID19 concerns, I felt the safety of the kids was managed and ensured to a very high standard. I have no doubts we will be back next year, and I can't recommend this experience more!Stefano - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy Dublin
”Very well planned, organised and executed camp. The testing and the feedback provided were very useful, and afternoon sessions were great to build a common platform between players and parents. Every day Adam was coming back buzzing with excitement, and he always referred to his camp-mates as friends, which highlights the friendly and inclusive atmosphere created. We are definitely coming back next year, and will spread the word among parents involved in the local club as well.Jan - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy Cork
”Robert attended the Cork Academy & learned a lot. For example, he was tested initially and had some issues that he wasn't aware of, and he worked to correct them during the week. Some were quite simple but hadn't been picked up before. It's a very professional, yet friendly, setup and excellent at handling teenagers. We also sat in on the webinars in the evenings, and gained an improved understanding of nutrition, strength and conditioning, injury prevention and well being. It was great value for the week I think. I'd really recommend it.Gordon - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy Cork
”This week was a fabulous experience for my son and indeed for us as parents. The structure and organisation was very professional. The PSA Academies approach to the development of skills and also the emphasis on players taking responsibility for their own development as players was excellent. As parents we got an insight into the course through the webinars and helped us to learn what we can do to help our son. A very holistic approach to rugby. Would recommend this Academy programme to any budding rugby players.Aileen - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy, Cork
”Thank you to all at PSA Academies for running a safe and professional camp amidst such COVID19 turmoil. My daughter was able to relax, work hard and make friends safely. Plenty of positive lessons learned and hope for the future.Deirdre - Parent2020 PSA Rugby Academy, Cork