2020 Irish PSA Rugby Academies (relaunched 24/06/20)
Based on the high-performance approach rated ‘Excellent’ by our customers on Trustpilot, we are delighted to announce our updated PSA Rugby Academies schedule for Ireland this summer.
The modified programme format, with a focus on skills-based, non-contact rugby and physical development delivered by our top team of rugby educators, will also feature an evening online module offering engaging webinars and quizzes from our panel of sports science experts. All programmes across the four venues will comply with the latest COVID-19 guidelines announced by the IRFU (as part of their ‘Return to Rugby’ plans) & HSE/HPSC with respect to rugby camps, including potential programme changes and/or cancellation at short notice in the event of any significant change in Government/Health Authority guidance.
Also, with the move to a non-residential, non-contact programme, we are delighted to be able to offer the same package at all venues to girls and boys (boys 10-15yrs/girls 13-16yrs). Please note that there are limited numbers per age group/per gender and minimum booking numbers to run each apply.
Please read on below to find out more or contact us by email (email@example.com), by starting a Web Chat on this page, by sending us a WhatsApp message on +353 89 4825371 or by calling us on 1800 938772 should you have any queries on any aspect of the updated schedule.
Included In The Price
Our COVID19 protocols will be fully compliant with the guidelines issued by the IRFU under their ‘Return to Rugby’ plan (see here) and the HSE/HPSC & SportIreland under their ‘COVID-19 Interim recommendations for the return to sports activities for children’ document (see here). All booked customers will be sent full details of all applicable procedures and our Academy programme induction approach in the run up to the relevant Academy.
Our high-performance Academy programme will combine the following key elements to deliver a fun, engaging and challenging development experience to players of all ages;
- Top class rugby coaching team (World Rugby Level 3+ qualified) including PSA Academies Head of Rugby Programme Johne Murphy, Jason Harris Wright, Johnny Butler & Craig Ronaldson
- Skills-based, non-contact content, with maximum 15 players per coach in a specifically designated training zone
- Socially distanced, limited numbers & time-based S&C development programme delivered by our dedicated Head of S&C Annie McCarra
- Training group & individual player based development drills and tests, based on our 9PSAVs framework
- Daily markers feedback sessions with their group mentor
Based on the 9PSAVs framework and using best-in-market, secure and easy-to-use technology platforms (Zoom Webinars & Learn Dash), our sports science experts will provide your player with the opportunities to gain important life skills that will help them to prosper, not only as players but as leaders and people. The module will include;
- Webinars on Sports Nutrition (with ex-Munster player & current Cork GAA nutritionist Johnny Holland), Mental Wellness (with ex-Munster player & performance expert Cathal Sheridan), Concussion & Injury Prevention (with leading sports physio Breffne O’Donnell) and Physical Development for Young Players (with our Head of S&C Annie McCarra)
- Interactive quizzes & daily feedback forms based on programme & webinar content
- Training group & individual challenges based on 9PSAVs framework
Following the completion of the high-performance Academy programme, each player will receive a streamlined 2020 Player Development Report, containing S&C test results and engagement scores from the evening online module. The report also looks at the player development holistically and as such, you will receive a written comment from the player’s group mentor, summarising their buy-in to the 9PSAVs philosophy across the Academy programme.
Our fully vetted and professionally trained programme staff are responsible for the pastoral care of all those players in our care and ensure that everyone is strictly following the COVID-19 protocols, all players are joining in all activities, making friends and having fun. As well as ensuring the daily wellbeing of the overall group, our staff get assigned a group of players that they mentor, delivering daily ‘Markers’ meeting, where mentors get to develop a rapport with each individual. This enables players to speak about how they feel physically & emotionally, what their daily goals are, and how they fell the programme activities have gone. We operate a no Mobile Phone Policy, with parents and players able to make contact via the Academy WhatsApp number in the case of emergency.
PSA Academies has partnered with Endsleigh Insurance to provide excellent programme cover specifically designed for PSA Academies players. You will receive a summary of insurance cover after booking, however key benefits include:
- Cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard (full details are available within policy documentation).
- Cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness.
- If taken ill or have an accident, Endsleigh will pay emergency medical bills and hospital costs that are not covered by the National Health Service.
- Additional costs incurred to repatriate, if medically necessary.
- Reasonable costs to return home if a close relative is seriously ill.
- Reimbursement if luggage is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
- Endsleigh will help replace passports, or visas if they are lost or stolen.
- Money stolen either from your person or while locked away, will be replaced.
- If a player accidentally injures someone or damage their property, Endsleigh will cover legal liability.
- Advice and assistance to take legal action is covered.
- Cover for unavoidable or necessary cancellation or curtailment of course before completion due to, death, bodily injury or illness.
Specialist Areas Covered
”Thank you PSA Academies for a fantastic rugby camp. My son really enjoyed the week he spent with you.Ger - Parent2019 PSA Rugby Academy Westmeath
”Great camp. Professional and fun.Emer - Parent2019 PSA Rugby Academy Kilkenny
”My son went PSA Rugby Academies in 2018 and 2019 .He really enjoyed the camps, learning a lot, especially the nutritional side of sport . I would recommend the PSA Rugby Academies to all rugby players and their parents. I had no worries as the players are so well minded.Sharon - Parent2019 PSA Rugby Academies
”Thank you for a fabulous week. Our 4 children (3 girls and 1 boy) really enjoyed it. They are back at at home practicing their new moves and skills, looking forward to next year already!Linda - Parent2019 PSA Rugby Academy, Kilkenny