One hundred young players from 15 Eastern Counties area club or school sides attended a very successful PSA Academies Open Day last Saturday 1st April.
Hosted by Finborough School in their fantastic new sports centre and pitch complex, the event even enjoyed sunny conditions as a top class team of coaches, led by Philippe and comprising of;
- Denis Fogarty (ex Munster & Ireland A player and current full time forwards coach and mentor for the Espoires Aux Province squad)
- James Wade (currently head coach for Oxford University Rugby Club and a coach with AFYA Sports)
- Simon Sinclair (Academy Coach & EPDG Manager (Eastern Counties) at Northamption Saints)
- Lewis Ludlam (former player of the U20 World Cup for England and current Northampton Saints 1st Team squad member)
- Jamie Warner (Owner of PSA Academies partner STC Teamwear and Coach – DPP/EDPG, Northampton Saints)
led the group through a range of specially designed PSA Academies Open Day stations targeting the development of specific skills in defence, contact, continuity, passing and teamwork/leadership.
Speaking after the PSA Academies Open Day event, Philippe Saint-Andre was hugely positive regarding what he saw “The quality of the both the coaching and player’s training was at a very high level, with great quality on show. I was particularly impressed with the focus, appetite for learning and skills shown, both from the boys and girls who attended. I saw quite a few players who would be very capable of attending the Tignes Rugby Academy in July so I am hoping we see them there!”.
PSA Academies would like to thank all who played a part in making the event such a success, from players and parents/guardians, to Finborough School, our coaching team and PSA Academies/Xplore staff who ensured everything ran smoothly for our guests.
PSA Academies are planning further Open Days in coming weeks, with the next being in Naas RFC in Ireland on Friday 21st April. To book tickets, please see our Eventbrite page here.