Our first coach announcement is ex-professional Jerome Riondet! He’ll be joining us for the 1st week in Tignes and we are all very excited! After his professional career he entered into the media world of rugby where he commentates on Top 14 matches, with Phillipe Saint-André. He has also attended Oxford University where he has played in the famous Oxford v Cambridge Varsity match. Jerome is very passionate about passing his knowledge onto young players, and is looking forward to doing so at Tignes! If you want to find out more about Jerome, read the questions we have asked him below!
So Jerome, what is your Nationality?
- I am French!
Who is your favourite rugby team?
- It’s Racing 92 of course!
Who is your sporting hero?
- Edwin Moses is my hero!
What languages can you speak?
- I can speak French and English.
What was your position?
- I used to play inside centre (12).
What is the highest level you have played?
- The highest level I achieved was playing for France A.
What is your greatest sporting achievement?
- I was the first Frenchman to play for Oxford in the Cambridge v Oxford Varsity Match!
What would be your biggest piece of advice for a young athlete now?
- I’d say it’s to always believe in yourself and to make sure you never have any regrets.
Who do you currently coach?
- I am currently coaching my son’s Under 10’s team.
What area of the game do you specialise in?
- I specialise in backs play, kicking, individual skills, mental and physical coaching.
What are you looking forward to about coaching in Tignes?
- I am looking forward to implementing my ideas, as well as learning new things!
What are you like as a coach?
- I am always very passionate!
And finally, if you were to be stranded on a desert Island, what three items would you take with you?
- I’d take a Knife, a magnifying glass and a book!
Keep an eye out on our social media platforms and website for more coach profiles!