Our second Tignes Rugby Academy coaching announcement is David McMaster! David is our Rugby Intern. He is extremely passionate and has extensive knowledge of both rugby and strength and conditioning. David has represented Ulster age groups, so he will be a great insight into where our players could be in a few years. Read below for David’s full profile.
So Johan, what is your Nationality?
- I’m Irish!
Who is your favourite rugby team?
- My two favourite teams are Ulster and Ireland!
Who is your sporting hero?
- It has to be Brian O’Driscoll.
What languages can you speak?
- I can speak English.
What was your position?
- I play wing and fullback.
What is the highest level you have played?
- The highest level I have achieved is Ulster Under 20’s.
What is your greatest sporting achievement?
- My greatest achievement was becoming the Under 19’s Inter-provincial Champions with Ulster!
What would be your biggest piece of advice for a young athlete now?
- My best advice would to be keep working hard as you don’t know what opportunities are just around the corner.
Who do you currently coach?
- I am currently coaching at Sullivan Upper School.
What area of the game do you specialise in?
- I specialise in strength and conditioning, as well as backs play.
What are you looking forward to about coaching in Tignes?
- I am looking forward to learning from the highly experienced coaching staff and helping the players improve.
What are you like as a coach?
- I always tell the players to express themselves and play what is in front of you!
And finally, if you were to be stranded on a desert Island, what three items would you take with you?
- I’d take sunglasses, a pillow, and some sun cream!
Keep an eye out on our social media platforms and website for more coach profiles!